Security and Privacy Information "feature" driving me nuts

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
dialnforninja

Security and Privacy Information "feature" driving me nuts

Post by dialnforninja »

Because the stupid question mark cursor has its active point at the bottom and I don't see very well to tell its changed until remembering a second too late I constantly click on the top domain listing of stuff in the popup and get sent to the far end of my tabs, that doesn't even pop back to the one I was on when I swear at it and close the new tab. This is ABSOLUTELY MADDENING, and I really want to turn the so-called "feature" off, or at least just use a normal arrow or hand cursor. Please, please, someone tell me threre's a way.

Browser is Firefox on Ubuntu Linux w/Cinnamon DE, though the same behavior also annoys in Manjaro with XFCE.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:103.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/103.0
therube
Ambassador

Re: Security and Privacy Information "feature" driving me nuts

Post by therube »

It looks like if you were to click the Cancel button in the dialog, then you are returned to where you were.
If you simply close the Tab, then you're left at the end (of your tabs).

(FF has many instances, that act in a malicious way, totally whacking focus from where it was.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.19
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

dialnforninja wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 am at least just use a normal arrow or hand cursor. Please, please, someone tell me threre's a way.
To get a hand cursor, you could try this code in userContent.css -

Code: Select all

@-moz-document url-prefix("moz-extension://YOUR-UUID-FOR-NOSCRIPT/") {
.site .url .domain {
  cursor: pointer !important;
}
}
replacing YOUR-UUID-FOR-NOSCRIPT with the "Internal UUID" for NoScript as shown in about:debugging > This Firefox

This requires about:config > toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets set to true and requires restarting Firefox.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:125.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/125.0
dialnforninja

Post by dialnforninja »

Thank you, thank you, both of you. Not perfect solutions, but enough to be a functional work-around.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:103.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/103.0